Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Track. 'Nuff Said.

Track started yesterday. Yesterday wasn't so bad, except for when my heart rate didn't go down and I felt like I was going to throw up. That was the worst feeling in the world. But I did okay with everything else. It was today that really tested my determination and endurance. The moment I walked onto that track and tried to run, my thighs and inner thighs especially gave way and I couldn't run without falling on my face. It felt like I had knives stuck at the joints of my hips and thighs. It was so painful that it brought tears to my eyes. I almost went to the physical therapist that resides down where the locker rooms are, but I didn't. I just bit my lip, did some stretches, and bit my lip some more. It was one of the most horrific things ever. I literally thought that I had torn something. But I lasted to the end, and although it still hurts, I feel accomplished that I didn't give up. This first week is going to be the worst, but what first week isn't? If I let this first week drag me down, then I'm really not as strong as I thought I was. I've got a passion to get through this year without quitting, and I'm going to do it. I've managed to juggle every other thing in my life, and the coaches don't seem to mind that I'm in a One-Act that will affect my practice sessions. So if there aren't any real obstacles except pain, I'm doing it. I'm not a quitter.

It does really hurt though. I'm going to sit and do some RIHLA work tonight with some kind of munching food, hot cocoa, and a heating pad to my thighs. Couldn't ask for anything better.

No comments: