Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tennis

So, to those who don't know, the Australian Open is going on, and it is currently on Day 3. My favorite players, namely Andy Roddick, Roger Federer, and Maria Sharapova, have all advanced to the 2nd round. Sadly, ALL 3 had a hard time getting there and they all went against people who don't even rank 50th in the league! Sadly, as well, Rafael Nadal advanced, and I hate that guy.

Tennis and Attraction do not interfere!
For those who really know me, they know of my undying attraction to both Andy Roddick and Roger Federer. This is NOT why I support them. I've been an Andy Roddick fan for about 5 years, and Roger Federer made it onto my list of favorite players when he beat Rafael Nadal multiple times and doesn't even boast about it. He's just...amazing. I'm really impressed that Andy is doing so good so far, and that he actually beat the unbeatable Federer in a preliminary tournament and got the title. He had a rocky phase between 2004 and 2005 but 2006 he's really proven himself and I'm hoping 2007 will be a good year as well, maybe even finalist in Wimbledon!

History behind My Hatred for Nadal
The reason why I hate Rafael Nadal so much has a lot of history. At first, I actually liked him. He had a Spanish Josh Hartnett sort of look and was a rookie when I first heard of him. And he was good. Plus, he was a leftie, and those are always fun to watch. But after his defeat of the undefeatable Roger Federer, he got bid-headed and was in the game just to be the biggest star. So thats when I started hating him, and that was around 2005. Plus, he's waaaaay too muscular for my taste.

Say it Loud and You'll Almost be Louder Than Her
Maria Sharapova has to be the LOUDEST grunting girl in this game. When she grunts, or screams, you know that she's giving you a really hard forehand. She has never ceased to amaze me with the noises she makes and how she can still manage to win matches with beautiful earrings that slap her face on the occasion. The last match she played in the Aussie Open, she was creating some weird noises in the 120 degree weather and with an injured hip. She managed to beat Camille Pin(62nd ranked) in these conditions and won after 16 games in a single set! (It was 9-7) That was amazing. So it just proves that screaming while playing always gets you ahead of the game.

Thats all the Tennis Backround Bio I have for today. I might go on a tangent once in a while, but there you have it. Goodnight everyone!

Those Pictured (From Top): Rafael Nadal, Andy Roddick, Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer











No comments: