Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PotterCast, Presents, and Release Dates

I love just sitting at the computer, listening to the newest PotterCast, and doing little things here and there for fun. At the mo', its blogging. Not much has happened, but enough has that I would like to post it.

PotterCast is discussing crazy theories about the new title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Many have said that it has to do with Godric's Hollow. Here are my reasons AGAINST this:

1. Hallows is spelled "Hallow" NOT "Hollow" and I think JKR would've spelled it the same if it was referring to Godric's Hollow. Theres enough of a spelling difference to make it so that it has nothing to do with it.
2. Hallows is used as a noun, in the plural form. If Godric's Hollow is more than one place, than maybe.
3. Its too obvious. In my opinion "Deathly Hallows" is referring to some sort of place and event that happens, my favorite theory being the veil and that on Halloween it comes alive for some reason.

Anyways, one of the funniest things to me right now is this clip of the new movie, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix:

The voice you hear is of a PotterCast Host, John Noe, one of the most hilarious people in the universe. He went on a couple of weeks ago about improving his impression of 1 Harry Potter character a month, and this month, its Luna Lovegood. Everytime he does that voice, it brings me in stitches. Apparently next month is Madame Maxime, so I'm interested in hearing that.

Change of subject. I got my present from my sister Emily yesterday, and I almost cried it was amazing! Too bad my camera(her's really...) isn't working. I got some pictures, but I want to post all the pictures at once. Its quite beautiful, and I love the bag that came with it. THANKS EMILY!

Obviously, I obsessed with Harry Potter, so a lady in our ward noticed this(Sister Downs) and she offered to me to run the Book Club discussion on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows when it comes out and everyone has had the chance to read it! I'm really excited, but it won't happen until late in the year. Still, I've already made a discussion topic list. I'm quite prepared.

Alright, I think I'll be done.

But not without a Tennis Update(for my own pleasure):
1. Andy Roddick def. Mardy Fish: 6-2 6-2 6-2
2. Roger Federer def. Tommy Robredo: 6-3 7-6 7-5

Semi's:
1. Andy Roddick vs. Roger Federer. *sigh* I love them both!

1 comment:

emily said...

I am so so so so glad you loved it. I LOVEd making it, and it is like a little baby of mine. I know you will take good care of it. :)

I am going to post a slide show of the entire book on my blog, so we can all love it in photographs.