Sunday, January 28, 2007

Enough of this...for a few months.

So. This is the end. No more tennis talk until the next open, which is the French...and thats not for a long while. So...final words:

Winner of the Women's Australian Open Final:

Serena Williams def. Maria Sharapova: 6-1 6-2

Maria was whooped! Completely humiliated. Geez. I was screaming at the TV for the whole game...I'm ashamed.

Winner of the Men's Australian Open Final:

Roger Federer def. Fernando Gonzalez: 7-6 6-4 6-4

It took me 10-20 minutes for me to pull up the Australian Open website and then to actually look at the scores. I was avoiding it because if Fernando won...I would've been so mad. Really mad. So extremely mad that I would've gone to Chile and beaten his Chilean butt!

But Roger won. So I got half of my wish. Not even half. I wanted an Andy Roddick/Roger Federer final and I wanted Maria to win. So its more like a 3rd of what I wanted. But because Nadal lost before the final, its half of what I wanted. Nadal's loss boosted it up. Okay, well, I Roger won, and I'm really happy. I'm going to have a good sunday.

In other news, there was a Stake Church Dance. It was fun, but my legs were sore from friday when I went to the ark and ran 2 miles. I'm guessing I didn't stretch very thoroughly. But, anywho, I was asked to the church prom, so I'm going. Now I have to go. I can't stay at home and eat cookie dough and be a lazy bum. Darn.

I kinda bad because I didn't do any homework this weekend. I didn't feel like it. I was going to do all of my Stearns, but I didn't. I just sat at home and did nothing. It felt good at first, but now I feel really guilty.

Okay, now time to promote:

1. Best TV show at the mo': Psych. This show is hilarious! Dule Hill and James Roday are an amazing team! And its so endearing and you fall in love with both of them. Haven't seen it yet? SEE IT! Its Seinfeld and CSI combined. Amazing.

2. Best Rediscovered Album: Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head. I just love it. Beautiful music. Great vocals. Chris...you may have strange children names, but you are a genius.

3. Best funny song: "Litte Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds. Its the opening song for Showtime's "Weeds" and its so hilarious.


No comments: